Active Server Page: ASP in IT
ASP stands for Active Server Page. Microsoft created ASP to enable programmers to create dynamic websites. It was the first server-side script engine, and has now been superseded ASP.NET.
ASP in Police: Assistant superintendent of Police
Assistant Superintendent of Police is the full name of ASP in Police Sector. The Hindi full form of Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) is Assistant Superintendent of police. ASP is a rank that is used by Indian police forces. The officer who holds this rank is from Indian Police Service (IPS). All IPS officers start their careers as Assistant superintendents of police (ASP). This rank is not available to state cadre officers. This rank is equivalent to the rank of Deputy Inspector of Police (DSP).
ASP: Application Service provider
The full form is here Active Server Pages. ASP is a server-side Web building scripting engine. It’s a page that includes embedded programming. The programs are being executed on the Windows server. The ASP server-side engine interprets and executes the ASP document, and then returns it to the user. It is basically a web-based platform for creating dynamic web pages for programmers. ASP will include both scripts as well as standard HTML.
A brief history of ASP
- ASP was originally implemented in IIS (Internet Information Services). 3.0 in December 1996.
- In 1997 and 2000, the models were renamed ASP 2.0 and ASP3.0.
- ASP 3.0 has some additional features that have improved its efficiency.
Applications of ASP
- HTML modes were sent to the system by ASP’s approved query.
- ASP is simple and can be used at a high speed, unlike CGI and Perl.
- ASP script is encrypted in the browser. This makes it secure and impossible to access.
- ASP can modify the content of a web page by adding additional information.
- ASP allows access to all information forms and will report back to the user.
Benefits of ASP
- ASP reduces the code lines required to create complex functions.
- Smart caching systems are available.
- can be encoded in any language, regardless of its language.
- runs much faster than other programs.
- is a popular term in today’s world.
Limitations to ASP
- The pages are full of ambiguity and some qualitative issues.
- Everything depends on IIS (Internet Information Services), and it is therefore problematic.
- It has limited resources for development and debugging
- ASP is not under the control of any state.
Other forms of ASP
|Active Server Pages||Programming Languages|
|Answer Set Programming||Programming and Development|
|Application Service Provider||Information Technology|
|Association of Surfing Professionals||Water Sports|
|Active Signaling Protocol||Telecommunication|
|Advanced Systems Protocol||Networking|
|Advanced Simple Profile||Networking|
|Aspect Language Script File (procomm Plus)||Type of file|
|Association of Shareware Professionals Note||Type of file|
|Another script program||Software|
|Atari Software Pirates||Software|
|Association of Software Professionals||Software|
|ASPARI||Indian Railway Station|
|Analog Signal Processing||Electronics|
|Photo of Age Sex||Messaging|
|Attitude Sensor Package||Space Science|
|Accredited Staging Professional||Job Title|
|Alice Springs||Airport Code|
|Auxiliary Storage Pool||Computer Hardware|
|Atm Switch Processor||Computer Hardware|
|Advanced Spectroscopic Portal||Physics related|
|Average Sales Price||Real Estate|
|Ammunition Supply Point||Military and Defence|
|Annual Service Practice||Military and Defence|
|All-Source Production||Military and Defence|