Sukanya Samriddhi Yajana (SSY Account), is a small savings plan of the Post Office. Your investment is therefore completely safe. You also get great returns with this plan. The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2021) has an annual interest rate of 8.5 percent. This scheme is unique because even a small investment can result in a large amount. This scheme allows you to deposit maximum amount and receive a total of 64 lakhs at maturity.
Summary:Sukanya Samriddhi Yajna, a small deposit scheme designed for girl child, was launched as part of the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao campaign. This scheme is for girl child can be found in detail. Information about account opening, operation, account closing, withdrawal, and so on is available.
This scheme is popular because of its tax benefits. The maximum tax benefit is Rs 1.5 lakh as per section 80C of Income-tax Act. The maturity amount and interest accrued are also exempted from tax.
All candidates who wish to submit an online application should download the official notification. Make sure you read all requirements and follow the application process. Below is a brief description of “Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2021“, like Scheme Benefit, Eligibility Criteria and Key Features of Scheme, Application Status, Process, and More.
|Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2021 – Overview|
|Name of Scheme||Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY)|
|in Language||सुकन्या समृद्धि योजना|
|Launched by||Government of India|
|Major Benefit||Under the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, small affordable deposits can be made in the bank accounts of girls. It provides one of the highest rates of interest – 8.6% in 2016-17.|
|Scheme Objective||Financial Inclusion of girls|
|Scheme under||State Government|
|Name of State||STATENAME|
|Post Category||Scheme/ Yojana|
|Launched Date||22 January 2015; 5 years ago|
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Interest Rates 2020-21
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Interest Rates 2020-21: The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana interest rate FY 2020It is 7.6%Annual compounded. The government sets the interest rate and it is reviewed quarterly. These are the historical interest rates for this government scheme to support the girl child.
|Time Period||Interest Rate (%)|
|April to June 2020||7.6|
|January to March 2020||8.4|
|July to Sep 2019||8.4|
|Apr to June 2019||8.5|
|Jan to March 2019||8.5|
|Oct to Dec 2018||8.5|
|July to Sep 2018||8.1|
|Apr to June 2018||8.1|
|Jan to March 2018||8.1|
|Oct to Dec 2017||8.3|
|July to Sep 2017||8.3|
|Apr to June 2017||8.4|
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) Registration
You can obtain the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Application Form (SSY) for a new account by visiting a participating public/private bank or local post office.
Step to Download Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Application Form Online 2020
Step 1:- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account application form can be downloaded from a variety of sources, such as:
- Website of the Reserve Bank of India
- India Post Website
- Websites of individual public sector banksSBI, PNB and BoB, etc.)
- Websites of participating banks in the private sector (e.g.ICICI Bank. Axis Bank. HDFC Bank(
Step 2:- Although there are many sources to download the SSY application forms, the fields will remain the same regardless.
Fill out SSY Application Form 2020
The SSY Application Form asks applicants to provide key information about the girl child in whose names the investment will take place under Beti Bachao or Beti Padhao Yojana. The SSY Application Form requires applicants to provide details about the guardian or parent who will open the account/make deposits for her. These are the main fields of the SSY Application Form.
- Name of the Girl Child (Primary Account Holder).
- Name of parent/guardian opening the account (Joint holder)
- Initial deposit amount
- Initial deposit: Cheque/DD number and date
- Date of birth of girl child
- Details of the primary account holder’s birth certificate (Certificate number and date of issue, etc.
- Identification details of parent/guardian (Driving license, Aadhaar etc.
- Present and Permanent Address (per ID document of parent/guardian).
- Information about any other KYC documents (PAN, Voter I card, etc.
After all the details are completed, the form must be signed and sent to the account opening authority (Post office/Bank Branch) together with copies of any applicable documents.
How to check your SSY account balance
- You can check your account balance online or through mobile banking if it is held with a bank branch.
- However, you will need to link the account to your net banking account to have easy access to account records.
- Online balance checking for SSY accounts with participating banks is an option. This is in addition to physically visiting the bank branch to update your passbook.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator – SSY Calculator Online
To calculate the maturity amount at end of tenure, if you plan on investing in this scheme, you can use Sukanya Samriddhi Yajana calculator. The calculator can be used to calculate how much you could save on this scheme for your daughter’s higher education or marriage.
Who can use this calculator?
To take advantage of the benefits, you must firstSSY calculatorTo verify that the scheme meets the eligibility criteria. Legal guardians of the girl can open an SSY account if the following conditions are met.Criteria for Eligibility & Important Document.
How to use Sukanya Samriddhi calculator
Once you have met the eligibility requirements, the calculator will ask for the name of your daughter/s as well as the amount you wish to invest in the scheme. You can only invest Rs 1,000, and Rs 1.5 lakh per financial year. The minimum investment amount has been reduced to Rs 250 effective 5 July 2018.
How the calculator works
Based on the amount you have entered, the calculator calculates the approximate value you will receive at maturity. After 21 years, the scheme will be mature.
TheSukanya Yojana calculatorTo generate results, use the following formula:
A = P (1 + r/n) ^ nt
|r||Rate of interest|
|n||Number of times interest compounds in a year|
|t||Number of years|
How to useOnline SSY CalculatorWhat is the best way to get started?
Simply enter the investment amount per annum, age of your girl children, and year of investment.
After you enter your details, the calculator will display the maturity year as well as the amount that you receive upon maturity.
Five changes were made to the scheme
1. No matter what account default causes, the interest rate will not be affected.
The scheme requires that you deposit 250 rupees per year. This amount will be treated as a default account if it is not deposited. The new rules state that interest will be charged at the applicable rate to the default account if it is not activated once more until the maturity date.
2. Accounts can be too close to the truth:According to the new rules, Sukanya Samriddhi account can be closed early in the event that the daughter dies or for compassionate reasons.
3. Opening accounts for more than 2 daughtersUnder the scheme, accounts can be opened to accommodate two daughters.
4.The new rules state that the account cannot be operated by a daughter until she turns 18 years old.
5. These are the other modifications:The provision to reverse the incorrect interest in an account has been eliminated by the new rules. The new rules also allow for interest to be credited at the end the financial year.
Required Document to Apply Online
- Aadhar Card
- Baby and parents photo
- Girl Birth Certificate
- proof of residence
- Depositor (parent or legal guardian) ie PAN card, ration card, driving license
- Medical certificate in the case of the birth of multiple children under a single birth order.
- Additional documents requested by the concerned authority.
- Duly filled scheme opening document which covers the basic personal details of the account holder and the girl child for whom the account is being opened