Adjectives describe, identify or further define nouns and pronouns. There are thousands of these descriptive words at your disposal. For ease, they’ve been broken up into lists of adjectives according to various functions, such as their ability to describe touch, color, shape, and emotion.
Even though these adjective lists are quite extensive, they’re merely scratching the surface of the descriptive capabilities of the English language. That’s why reading is such a gift. The more you read, the more you add to your vocabulary. In the meantime, explore a large selection to whet your adjectival appetite.
Did you have a bland bagel? How about a delicious entrée at a restaurant? Well, adjectives are what allow you to describe those wonderful tastes.
You can use many adjectives to describe something you touch. To feel your way around the world, you can look at this list of adjectives.
|It is cold||Cold||Cool|
|It is hard||Hot||Ice|
|Loose||melted||It is painful|
|It’s a little hazy||Sharp||silky|
There are many volumes to sounds. You can have a sound that is different from another.whisperOrBlaringAll things in-between.
|It is a screeching sound||shrill||Silent|
There are many shades of color in the world. Without adjectives, it would be difficult to describe the world. Explore several descriptive color adjectives you might use every day to color your world.
|It is dull||It is dull||gold|
That spider was it?giganticOrLargeWhat? It doesn’t really matter, because you can use any adjective to best describe it.
There are many options for finding aBlobPlace the food on your table, or place it on a plate.distortedToy. It is possible to use adjectives for shapes.
What is the best way to describe time passing or looking back into the past? You can use adjectives to talk about the passing of time in many different ways.
It doesn’t matter if it’s anPlentyOrMinuteYou need adjectives to describe the amount. These fun and descriptive adjectives will spice up your writing.
|Numerous||Each||There is enough|
|One||Paltry||There are many|
|Some||It is sparse||Substantial|
People have many emotions. FromabrasiveToGrumpyTolazyYou can do a lot of things.Words that describe how someone feels.
|It is tedious||Terrible||Defeated|
|It is wicked||zany||Zealous|
That is something that everyone has.Famousfriend or aRestlessFamily member. Think about how you would describe your family members without using adjectives. You don’t need to. This article will make your life much easier.List of descriptive words to describe personalitiesOr people.
If you can’t use words, a novel or letter won’t hold its weight.It’s quirkyAndIt is dullTo paint a visual picture of your characters verbally. Use words to describe your characters.Define the appearance of a person.
|Alluring||Cracked||It is dull|
Use descriptive adjectives to spice up your discussions of situations. These words can make any plot better.
|accidental||It is possible||It is advantageous|
|Creepy||It is cumbersome||It was disastrous|
|finger-printed||Groundless||It is hard|
|It is imperfect||Internal||Ingenious|
|remarkable||Simple||It can be tricky|
Adjectives are the words that manifest the attributes of a noun or a pronoun. These words are placed before noun or pronoun. These are also called the modifier words of nouns/pronouns.
Here we have written down 50 adjective examples for you which are simple and easy to understand.
- Have you received latest news about the match?
- There is damp feeling in the air due to heavy rain.
- He lost the few friends he had.
- My shirt is better than yours.
- She is wiser than her sister.
- Noki is a muscular woman in this town.
- Roger noticed a brown ribbon on the box.
- She is known as a shy girl among her friends.
- He possess an attractive personality.
- The little money he had, he lost in gambling.
- Few men came to the meeting.
- Angel Falls is an amazing waterfall in Venezuela.
- Your pen is superior to mine.
- Julia is the most beautiful girl in the class.
- Tom is the tallest man in the town.
- Shakespeare was the greater poet than any other in United Kingdom.
- This flower is the best of all.
- The cloth touches rough.
- My house is very spacious and clean.
- This cup has less sugar than I need.
- Please give me some milk to make tea.
- There is not any water in the jug.
- Your house is older than mine.
- I asked him a question. He gave me a full reply.
- This book is inferior to that.
- My name was the last in the merit list.
- Of the two routes, this is the shortest.
- Roger is eldest in his family.
- The flowers smells sweet.
- The latter part of the story is interesting.
- People say that few women can keep silent.
- The climate of Sibbi Town is hotter than that of Lahore.
- A little money is better than no money.
- Health is preferable to wealth.
- Jimmy has perfect features.
- She is the wisest of all her sisters.
- He felt a sharp pain in his left arm and went to hospital.
- I have no further comments to make.
- She is cleverer than you.
- The rotten eggs smell bad.
- Of the two boys, Tom is nobler.
- The park is farther than zoo.
- Few people can keep the secret.
- The grapes tasted sour.
- The boxer hit a powerful punch to his opponent and knocked him out.
- A large number of candidates applied against the limited number of seats.
- It is not easy to walk on this uneven path.
- I went through a strong feeling of weakness after illness.
- My cat has blue eyes and fluffy skin.
- He picked a ripe apple from the basket.
- They live in a beautiful house.
- Lisa is wearing a sleeveless shirt today. This soup is not edible.
- She wore a beautiful dress.
- He writes meaningless letters.
- This shop is much nicer.
- She wore a beautiful dress.
- Ben is an adorable baby.
- Linda’s hair is gorgeous.
- This glass is breakable.
- I met a homeless person in NY.
- A mathematical puzzle.
- A biological experiment.
- A wooden boat.
- I married an American woman.
- The Jewish community in NY is very big.
- Mary has a collection of expensive Russian dolls.
- In the winter you must wear heavy woollen clothes.
- The polar bear is listed as threatened.
- I love that really big old green antique car that is always parked at the end of the street. [quality – size – age – color – qualifier]
- My sister has a beautiful big white bulldog. [quality – size – color]
- A wonderful old Italian clock. [opinion – age – origin]
- A big square blue box. [size – shape – color]
- A disgusting pink plastic ornament. [opinion – color – material]
- Some new slim French trousers. [age – shape – origin]
- My small new red sleeping bag. [size – age – color – purposee]
- I bought a pair of black leather shoes. [color – material]
- This house is bigger than that one.
- This flower is more beautiful than that.
- He is taller than Mr. Hulas.
- He is more intelligent than this boy.
- Jonathan is the most handsome man on campus.
- This is the prettiest dress in the window.
- I lost my most comfortable shoes.
- My job is worse than yours.
- This is a four-foot table.
- Daniella is a part-time worker.
- This is an all-too-common error.
- Beware of the green-eyed monster.
- He is a cold-blooded man.
- We saw a man-eating shark!
- Danny’s dog is well-behaved.
- You have to be open-minded about things.
- Susan is really clever.
- The doctor is very late.
- My sister is fond of animals.
- I am happy to meet you.
- The kids are ready to go.
- Don’t be afraid of the dark.
- Tony lost his dark brown briefcase.
- He’s an extraordinary looking man.
Hope you got a lot to know about adjective examples. We have tried to give you information about adjectives examples, examples of adjectives, adjective example, example of adjective Along with this, we have told about adjective examples, If you still have any question in your mind about adjective examples, example of adjective then you can ask us by commenting in the comment box below.