Past Progressive Tense Exercises: It is a practice exercise for you. Each question has three options. Choose the correct one.
Recall the past progressive tense formula and solve the exercise.
Subject + was/were+ base form(+ing)
2. The sun __________ when we went out.
3. Scenes from his past life flashed through the sailor’s mind when he __________.
4. The next thing he remembered was the face of the friend who __________ near him.
5. The doctor __________ the patients.
6. The kid __________ on the floor.
7. They __________ in a hotel when I saw them.
8. When the storm came I __________ at home.
9. They __________ the weekend at the beach.
10. The kid __________ a storybook.
11. Tom __________ furniture for his room.
12. The old man __________ with cold.
13. The employer __________ him for a job.
15. He __________ the luggage when I saw him yesterday.
- I was reading a book when he came in.
- The sun was shining when we went out.
- Scenes from his past life flashed through the sailor’s mind when he was drowning.
- The next thing he remembered was the face of the friend who was standing near him.
- The doctor was examining the patients.
- The kid was sitting on the floor.
- They were staying in a hotel when I saw them.
- When the storm came I was staying at home.
- They were enjoying the weekend at the beach.
- The kid was reading a storybook.
- Tom was buying furniture for his room.
- The old man was shivering with cold.
- The employer was not recommending him for a job.
- I was feeling sleepy.
- He was carrying the luggage when I saw him yesterday.