HR: Human Resource
HR is a job title. It’s also a common acronym. Human Resource (or Human Resources) is the definition of HR.
As the name suggests, Human Resource is the synonym for Human capital. The term is used to describe the labour force or manpower in an organization or workplace.
The Human Resource department is responsible for addressing employees individually and shaping company policies.
In simple terms, people who work in any organization or company are the capital of the company. The Human Resource Department is the department that manages all employees in the company.
Human Resources work
HR is an independent department within a company or organization that the HR officers manage to resolve labour issues and maintain professional discipline.
HR is responsible to appoint, manage and grow the human capital or manpower of an organization in order to improve its productivity.
There are many types of work responsibilities for HR officers, such as managers, administrators and generalists. This depends on the organization’s size.
How do you become a human resource professional?
A bachelor’s degree is required to get a job as a Human Resource department employee. A post-graduation degree can be just as valuable. It should be in human resource or business studies like MBA.
A degree in related areas and learning areas is also a plus. Sociology, psychology, and labour law learning are preferred subjects for Human Resource professionals.
What are the five key areas of Human Resources?
These sectors are managed by a Human Resource officer.
- Management of a safe, dedicated work environment
- Incentive and compensation programs
- Training, learning and growing manpower
- Finding the right person for the job
- Healthy employer-employee relations
What does HR mean in a bank setting?
Personal officers are also known as HR in banks. Personal officers are responsible for various roles in the bank.
They are responsible for the development and training of bank employees. They recruit bank officers, analyze their performance and manage their records.
What are the main functions and responsibilities of HR?
In a company, there are seven main functions for the Human Resource Sector
- Recruitment and Hiring of Employees
- Safe working environments
- Creating a company culture
- Manpower development, training, and learning
- Handling actions and disciplines
- Relations between employer and employee
- Management of employee incentives and benefits
Why is HR important?
A company’s human resource department is essential and vital. It is responsible for maintaining the company culture as well as the labour capital, which is the most valuable asset of a company.
This creates a common workplace communication between employees and their heads officers. The HR officer plays a crucial role in the workplace. They help to develop, strengthen and modify the company’s culture.
These HR officers are responsible for managing performance, developing employees, and recruiting the best people. They also help to strengthen the core standards of an organization.
What are the different types of HR?
There are basically three types of HR officers.
- The party planner HR professionals
- For businesspeople, HR professionals
- Lawyer HR professionals
What are the various types of HR jobs?
Here are the most popular Human Resource jobs –
- Specialist in human resources
- Assistant in Human Resources
- Human resources recruiter
- Human resources coordinator
- Manager of human resources
- Recruiter/Recruitment manager
- Generalist in human resource management
- Specialist in employment
Some interesting facts about Human Resources
- It has been established that the US median annual salary for human resources professionals is $100k. This is based on years of research.
- 93% of HR professionals say that company growth is their top priority.
- The ethnically diverse workforce is 35% more engaged in HR departments
- Human Resource specialists are responsible for evaluating employee data. It is a major job of Human Resource specialists in a company. In fact, 70% of companies analyse their employee data regularly.
One other famous full form of HR is-
HR- Human Rights
Human rights are the fundamental right that every human being has on this planet. They include the right to talk, to eat, and to vote.
Human rights can be different in each country.
The majority of countries in the world that follow the UN human rights rules give basic human rights for all citizens of their countries.
The Human Rights data for 2020 shows that New Zealand citizens have the highest rights. India is at 117 out of 160 countries.
Another famous form of HR is the full-form
HR- High Resolution (in LCD and other types of displays)
HR- Heart Rate (In medical).
HR- Hospital Record (in hospitals)