SBI is India’s most trusted bank. SBI is the most trusted bank in India. The majority of Indians prefer it for its accessibility, availability at branches, ATMs, and many other online services. His guide may be useful for anyone who has an SBI account. This guide will explain how to modify your address in an SBI account.
We may need to update our bank address when we move into a new house. If you do not update your address, the bank will not be able to contact you for any documents or banking-related information. You may also miss out on the services provided by the bank.
Many SBI customers did not receive their new ATM cards due to the fact that the address was not updated in bank records. This guide will show you how to update your address in SBI accounts in a few easy steps.
- Documents required to change address in SBi account
- How to Change Address in SBI Account
This work can be done with simple KYC documents. This is the accepted document list.
- Aadhar Card
- Pan Card
- Ration Card
- NREGA card
- LIC policy – mentioning your current address.
- Voting Card
Sign on a photocopy of the document. You must include the new address on the document. The bank will not be able to verify your current address if you do not mention it.
These are the steps to update your SBI account address.
Step1: First, you will need to visit your SBI branch.
Step 2:After visiting, request an Address Change Form from the Help Desk Counter.
Step 3:Fill in the form with your account number and old address. Verify that the information you have entered is correct.
Step4With your SBi account signature, sign the form. Don’t forget the date!
Step5Attach a photocopy of the document that mentions your new address to this document and sign it. Refer to the section on Accepted Documents.
Step 6:Send the document to the appropriate executive.
Step 7:The executive will request the original document you have attached as well as verify its address.
Step8The bank database is updated by the executive.
Step 9:Within a matter of minutes, you will receive an SMS to your registered mobile number informing you that “your address has been changed as per your request.”
This is how to easily modify your address in SBI account.
How do I check if the address has been updated in my SBI account?
SBI Internet Banking allows you to check the address of your new address.
- Use your internet banking username and password to log in to your account.
- Select the account number from the account statement.
- Select the statement period you wish to use and click on Proceed.
- The next screen will show you your account details and the updated Address.
This guide will help you keep up to date with your KYC at sbi bank. This can be done by filling out the sbi Address Change Form and submitting it with the accepted document to the bank.
Also, check–How to change your SBI ATM PIN online
According to the Reserve Bank of India’s KYC guidelines, cardholders are required to submit their KYC documents in the event of a change of their card account address. A self-attested proof of permanent or current residential address must be submitted.
Below is a list of documents that can be used to prove permanent or current residence. Any of the following documents can be submitted as proof of address:
- Driving License (both sides).
- Voter’s identity card (both sides).
- Aadhaar Card/Virtual ID
- Attestation of address issued by the State/Central Government
- NREGA issued job cards duly signed and signed by State Government officials
- National Population Register issues a letter containing details about the address and name
- Utility bills (electricity and telephone, postpaid cell phone, postpaid mobile phone, water bill) should not exceed two months old for any service provider.
- Property/Municipal Tax receipt
- Documents from departments and public sector enterprises, if they have an address
- Retired employees are issued pension/family pension payment orders by the government.
- A letter of accommodation allotment issued by an employer is issued by any State/Central Government department, statutory/regulatory body, scheduled commercial banks and financial institutions, public-sector undertakings or listed companies.
These are some things to remember
As proof, you must send the KYC documents required for your permanent/current residence address.
- Website:Log in to your sbi online card and instantly update a scan copy of the current/permanent address.
- SBI Card Mobile App:To update your permanent or current address, you can use the SBI Card Mobile App.
- Email:You can email the document/s from your registered email id and attach a copy of the self-attested KYC document at email@example.com
- CourierSend the declaration form and your proof of current or permanent residence to the following address: